Monday 28 July 2014

Simple Leopard Print Nail Art

I switched up my nail designs again and thought a leopard print nail would be cool.

This particular print has got to be hands-down the easiest design to create.

Like the previous post, here is a simple step-by-step guide -


Step 1
Apply your favourite base coat. Once dry, apply any polish of your choice, I went with Rimmel’s polish in Peppermint and applied 2 coats. Let it be touch dry before the next step.

Step 2
With a dotting tool or the tip of the nail polish brush, just apply ‘blobs’ of polish on to the nail. There isn't a right or wrong way to do it, just use your discretion. The polish I used was the Gold Foil Nail Effects from Barry M.

Step 3
Take a toothpick dipped in black polish and go around the earlier shapes made in sort of a ‘C’ formation. Also, I dotted certain sparse areas with a tiny bit of the black polish.

Again, let it be fully dry before applying the top coat to seal in the design.

On both my thumb and pinky, I just placed a single dot at the base of the nail, just a little extra something. The colour I used here was Essie’s Glamour Purse.

And for my ring finger, I applied a finely packed gold glitter polish, OPI’s Goldeneye and to finish off, my pointer finger was done up with the same gold-foil effect nail polish.


Happy painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment