Tuesday 16 December 2014

Recent Sephora Haul

Let’s just cut to the chase shall we, here was what I purchased from the recent 20% off Sephora sale for their black card holders.


Sephora Retractable Brow Pencils – 01 Honey Blonde & 04 Midnight Brown
I purchased these two shades as 03 was sold out so I figured I could just mix these two. So far so good (This might be a good dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz – can’t really make an actual comparison as I don’t own a brow wiz but judging from pictures, it looks pretty similar)
However, there is a con to this. Instead of having just a regular spoolie, Sephora took the fancy route by placing a weird comb/brush hybrid. This gamble did NOT pay off. The comb feels weird, hard and a little painful. A plain ole’ spoolie would have been a better choice.
Once on, the colour lasts for a good 4-5 hours without any brow gel, a pretty decent job.


Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush Palette
The palette is housed in a pretty gold clutch-like design which feels nice and squishy J it even comes with 2 hair pins which are totally usable but I just like to keep them there as is.
Inside is a nice sized mirror with 5 ‘new’ Tarte blushes, I also appreciate the fact that the blushes are decently sized and it would take a while for it to hit pan.


The shades are (descriptions curtesy of Tarte):
Breatheless – pinky beige
Embraced – plummy rose
Whimsy – light pink
Bashful – rosy peach
Irreplaceable – mauve rose


Tarte Bon Voyage Collector’s Set & Travel Bag
This has got to the best deal ever! Here is the list of products from this collection –
20 full size Amazonian clay eyeshadows
Full size LipSurgence lip tint in
Full size LipSurgence lip gloss in
Deluxe size Light, Camera, Lashes 4-1 mascara
Deluxe size Cheek Stain in
Deluxe size Maracuja Oil
Deluxe size Smooth Operator Amazonian clay finishing powder


I have never tried Tarte shadows before and I have read mixed reviews but I am excited to test them out myself and see how they perform. Oh, one more thing, I simply can’t stand that the names of the shadows are printed on a separate plastic sheet *ggggggrrrrrr shakes fists* - just print the damn names on the palette!


*I totally forgot to take a separate picture of the Smooth Operator powder..Sorry! I did test some of it out at the back of my hand and it did make my skin feel really smooth and soft. Can't wait to test it out on my face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment