Sunday 24 February 2013

My very first ASOS haul (a teeny tiny one..)

As an opener for my very first blog post, I have decided to talk about my recent ASOS haul..because, who doesn’t love a haul?? I know I do!


For a long time I have enjoyed perusing through the ASOS website to drool over all sorts of pretty shiny new things and would just click on anything that has taken my fancy.
The only thing stopping me from actually making a real purchase (oh yes, I am guilty of siphoning things into the shopping car and abandoning them altogether – please don’t judge) is the crazy exchange rate RM5 = £1. I know, right!

But I finally made the plunge and ordered 3, only 3 beauty items. Of course there were pretty dresses and tops on sale but I decided against that as I wasn't too sure about the sizing (I have not read the Return Policy, but I've heard that it’s pretty straightforward)

Ok coming back to my purchases, the first thing I knew I wanted was the famous Tangle Teezer..just saying that makes me go all tingly with excitement! This little gem has been the talk of the town, or rather the beauty bloggersphere. Price was £10 for the original Tangle Teezer and it comes in Black, Orange, Pink, Blue and Purple Glitter. I opted for the Purple Glitter but it was a toss between the Pink one too.
I've heard so many good things about this handy comb and I cannot wait to get my hands on them. Think I will do a review after using it, just a few initial thoughts..

The Original Tangle Teezer

As for items 2 and 3, they are Rimmel blushes.
I know, Malaysian readers will say – Hey, we have Rimmel in Watson & Guardian too you know.
Yes I know. But did you see the sad, puny little display? I am especially disappointed with the selection at Watson Pavilion (think Rimmel has been removed from Watson, 1 Utama). No one seems to be replenishing the stocks EVER and only a few straggly bits and bobs are available. It’s so sad that whoever who is in charge of the brand in Malaysia is neglecting it so terribly. If they ever read blogs or go on Youtube they will realise how amazing Rimmel is with great products. Uggghhhhh! So frustrating!! At least the Rimmel display at Guardian Pavilion resembles more like a makeup stand with a slightly better selection. But buck up Rimmel Malaysia! Bring in stuff like the Stay Matte powder or Apocalips Lip Lacquer please!    

Rant over..for now.  

As for the 2 Rimmel blushes, I got them in the colour Santa Rose and Pink Rose, each is at £2.99. I’m a sucker for blushes and Santa Rose is popular amongst beauty bloggers too. Once I have the products on hand, I will be doing close up shots and swatches for them so stay tuned for updates!

Sorry for the crazy long post, as you can see, I seem to digress..a lot..but *shrugs shoulders*.. I have tons on my mind (:

Oh I forgot to add..ASOS provides FREE Worldwide Shipping! Yippeeee!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment