Thursday 20 February 2014

My Current Makeup Routine


I seem to be stuck in makeup rut but I am perfectly happy with it. It is comforting in a way to wake up and just know which items to automatically reach for; it’s especially great when I’m late for work and rushing out the door.

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation practically every single day for the past 4 months. No joke. The finish and feel of it is incredible and this stuff is seriously long lasting. It makes my makeup look flawless even at the end of the day. Unfortunately I forgot to add this to the picture above, but trust me; this is hands down, my absolute favourite foundation ever.

For concealer, I’m using Rimmel’s Hide the Blemish in 002 Sand which matches my skin tone perfectly and it has a creamy texture which makes it easy to blend. Next is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 53 Beige Clair for setting my makeup.

As for eyes, I like putting a base and have been enjoying RSVP by Benefit, a pretty pale pink champagne colour. And on top of that, it’s shadows from my Naked 2 palette. I’m especially drawn to Chopper, Snakebite, Suspect and YDK

I recently purchased a Zoeva blusher from Luxola called Last Love. And I was quite impressed with the product as upon my initial swatch I found the product to be very soft and of good quality. On the Zoeva website, it describes this blush being a peach colour with subtle golden shimmer. I have been really enjoying this blusher and I only need a dap of this as the pigmentation is crazy!


Finally for lips, I have been mixing up two shades, MAC’s Shy Girl and on top of that, Brighton Rock from Topshop. I am not a huge fan of Shy Girl by itself as I feel the colour washes me out too much and makes me look like the walking dead. Not a cute look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment