Friday 24 January 2014

Massive Product Fail ~ Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover


I don’t know what ever possessed me to pick up the Botanics makeup remover at Boots, Bangkok and thought it was a good buy.

I now know better.

First of all the scent is just bad, can’t quite explain it but it doesn’t smell soothing or anything, just weird. But after battling though my dislike of the scent, the actual product is worse.

It comes in a 2-part formula and you are supposed to give it a good shake to combine both liquids together.


After doing that, I pour it out on a cotton square and I find that the formula is just so damn oily! But again I soldier on and applied it on to my eyes. Big FREAKING mistake. The liquid seeps through my lashes and when I open my eyes, my vision is all bleary because I have a layer of oil grease on my eyeballs.

I still try to use it for the rest of my face makeup and when I’m done; my entire face looks and feels like I took a bath in an oil tank.

I hate to waste products but I really don’t know if I can ever get through the entire bottle. I would need to calm myself down with chocolate each time or something to get over the trauma of using this remover.  

There are much, MUCH better oil-based makeup removers out there especially my holy grail *L’oreal Gentle Eye & Lip Makeup Remover* and an alternative is the Biore Cleansing Oil.  




Sometimes my curiosity of trying new products gets the better of me and this is truly one of those times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment