Tuesday 27 May 2014

Hakuhodo Brushes

I think these amazing brushes deserve a special post all by themselves. If there is anyone who thinks otherwise, then I’m sorry…but it’s still happening.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would purchase HAKUHODO brushes. Countless of rave reviews have been made about the superb quality of these brushes that are all hand-made in Japan.

I had the fortune of coming across them in a booth at an annual beauty fare at KL. I actually saw the brushes at the same fare last year but if memory serves, they were only offering sets of brushes which cost a redonkulous amount. So I passed. But this year, individual brushes were on display so of course I couldn’t escape the lure!    

In a dream world I would have bought every single one of those luxurious brushes but reality bites so I just settled for 3 -


J5523
Even though I do not own a MAC 217, the sales person said that this is comparable to the cult favourite. I have yet to use any of the brushes but I foresee that this will be heavily used as it seems to be a great multi-tasking brush. From picking up cream shadows to buffing out powder ones.


I have no clue what is the number for this brush as it’s not etched on the handle. I love the shape as it is the perfect size for my eye crease and can diffuse any harsh lines there. I think the bristles are made out of squirrel hair and again these are the softest brushes you will ever feel!


B110
This is so gorgeously made that I fell absolutely in love with it in an instant. It is softly rounded at the top and the shape seems ideal for lightly patting on blush onto the apples of the cheeks. Again, the bristles are incredibly smooth and feel absolutely velvety on the skin.   

I was also pleasantly surprised that the prices weren’t as pricey as I imagined for example, a MAC 217 retails for RM95 while the Hakuhodo J5523 was selling at RM45.


But I do have to say that the Hakuhodo brushes sport shorter handles – more like travel-size ones. I don’t mind the length; in fact I prefer it as it makes travelling with the brushes much easier as it is more compact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment