Monday 22 September 2014

Kylie Jenner Lipstick Dupes?

To be honest, I didn’t really understand all the fuss about the famous Kylie Jenner lips and all that craziness to find the shade or shades to recreate the look.
But as I was playing around with my makeup, I unwittingly found products in my stash that managed to create a similar 90’s lip colour and I got weirdly excited by it, so, here goes -   

Combo 1
MAC Jubilee Lipstick (1)  + MAC Subculture Lip Liner (2)

The Subculture lip liner is in a beautiful peachy nude shade which looks good on its own as well. But to amp up the look, I lined and filled in my lips with it and topped it off with Jubilee. This lipstick is in my favourite finish – lustre and is a nudey rose brown shade.

The lip liner helps create the illusion of a much fuller pout and also allows the colour to last longer on the lips.


Combo 2
NYX Soft Matte Lip Crème in Stockholm (1) + Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Colour in Patina (2) + Both Combined (3)
               
Patina is described as a dusty rose and for me, if worn on its own, the colour is pretty intense. That’s where Stockholm by NYX comes in! It leans more towards a peach nude shade and by topping a light layer on Patina, it softens up the look tremendously.

Both of these are extremely comfortable to wear, but Stila has a slight edge over NYX as it dries down to a matte quicker while the NYX one feels a tad slippy.

However, I find that the NYX Soft Matte Lip Crèmes are a great dupe for Stila’s Liquid Lip Colours.  


So there you go, 2 combinations that depict a 90’s lip look that is taking the beauty world by storm. Personally, I still prefer my pinks and reds J

No comments:

Post a Comment