Tuesday 10 September 2013

NARS Haulage...


Even typing out the title gets me excited..weird, I know.
But please don’t hold it against me as I had long (and I do mean long) wanted to try out NARS, but for us poor unfortunate souls in Malaysia, this isn't a brand that’s sold here. (Psssttt!! NARS is finally coming to KL in November at Pavilion) 

But on a recent trip to Taiwan I chanced upon a NARS counter and I was a goner. In my mind I wanted to be a grown-up and practice self-restraint and I kept chanting in my head *I’m only looking for a concealer, only the concealer*. Well, that didn't work.

Because pretty soon I was plopped on the make chair chatting away (with my broken Mandarin and a little Cantonese sprinkled in) with the oh-so-friendly NARS makeup artist and letting him test product upon product on my face. I was in heaven. NARS heaven.

After all that, I walked away grinning like a fool and clutching 3 products close to my chest. You might think, ONLY 3? Well, yea..if I wanted to survive the tidal wave of the credit card tsunami!


But I am more than happy with my 3 purchases; I got my hands on a creamy concealer in Honey, a blush in Deep Throat and the most talked about bronzer, Laguna. I chose Deep Throat over Orgasm because the latter seemed to have too much shimmer for my liking and I was worried my face (which is combo+oily) would look like a glitter ball after application.

I was also given 2 samples of NARS Sheer Glow foundation in the colour Fiji and Santa Fe. Fiji was a tad lighter than my skin tone so I applied it at the centre of my face, where light will naturally hit while I used Santa Fe around the perimeters of my face. 


The foundation gave great coverage and you can add on layers but it still wouldn’t look cakey. My skin felt light, like I had nothing on and please don’t let the word ‘glow’ scare you because it just gave a very natural finish while able to cover up your imperfections. I know I’m gushing and would love to own an actual size of the foundation but am a little scared on how much it will cost once the brand rolls in to Malaysia.



No comments:

Post a Comment