Monday 21 October 2013

MAC Pro Conceal & Correct Palette and Smashbox Heatwave Shadows


I have recently turned into a concealer addict. Don’t know when or how it happened, it just did. And I’m trying to deal with this new revelation as best as I can. This means I am a sucker for trying out new concealers as it is my quest to find THE PERFECT one for my skin.

So, over the weekend as I was innocently window shopping, I came across a MAC store. And like some unexplainable invisible force (it felt like magic or something – and who the hell wants to argue with that kind of logic…right?!?) I was drawn into the multitude of makeup goodness.

As I was browsing, I soon spotted the Pro Conceal & Correct Palette and I knew that it will be making its way home with me. This palette comes in 4 shades, Light, Medium, Dark and Deep. I went for Light as it matches my skin the best.


It has 4 concealers (NC15, NC20, NW10 and NW 20) and 2 correctors (Pale Yellow and Pale Pink). Even though I have yet to test them out, since it’s under the Studio Finish range, I know the concealers will be incredibly creamy and opaque.

Next item that I am super excited about is the Smashbox Heat Wave Palette. Found this gem at Sephora and it comes with 10 eye shadows (2 matte and 8 satin/shimmery shades). The packaging isn’t anything to shout about but it does come with a good size mirror. The palette also came with a sample sachet of their eyelid primer and a dual ended-shadow brush. 


However I was absolutely blown away by the quality of the eye shadows and the colour combo is beautiful. You can play around with different looks from natural daytime to amping it up with the darker shades. 

The shadows are highly pigmented and you really do need a light touch and you are all set. The formula is amazing because they are the most buttery and silky shadows I have ever played around with. I kept swatching the tester because I just couldn’t believe how soft they were.

I heard from the Sephora SA that the Heat Wave range is limited edition so I urge you to go to your nearest Sephora to have a play around. And trust me, you will love it!

Oops, nearly forgot to mention the prices.


MAC Pro Conceal & Correct Palette retails for RM145 and Smashbox Heat Wave is at RM169.     

No comments:

Post a Comment