Friday 25 October 2013

Bangkok Beauty Buys


Before anything, I would like to apologize for the crappy, out-of focus looking pictures!! Please don't mind them!

I recently got back from a trip to Bangkok and of course I couldn't resist checking out what beauty products that they have to offer.

This time around I found a shop called Eve and Boy which carry all sorts of beauty items and various brands at a cheaper price. You can find high end stuff like NARS and Shu Uemura to the usual drugstore brands like Revlon and Maybelline.

Just pure heaven for beauty junkies.

It was a little hard to locate the store as it wasn't in a mall but I guess perseverance is key and of course having a good friend who don’t mind walking around in circles trying to find the shop too J (Thanks Ivy!!)


I nearly passed out from disbelieve when I saw that they carried Collection2000 products! And like a heat seeking missile, I quickly zoomed in to snatch the most talked about concealer ever – The Lasting Perfection Concealer. I picked up both the Fair and Light shade.

From Collection, I picked 2 more items; one was the Illuminating Touch Concealer in Nude (True story, someone had actually asked me – Is Nude even a colour?? And yup, you guessed it, it was a guy J) and the other a Metallic Cream Eyeshadow in Rock n Rose.

Next was Revlon. I was happy they have the Colorstay Whipped Foundation in lighter shades, so I got 2 pots in 150 Buff. I know we carry this foundation in Malaysia but I guess the Revlon stockist decided there aren't any fairer people living here, so the lightest shade that we have is in 220 Nude. Go figure!?!


I also snatched up my regular Colorstay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin in 150 Buff as 180 Sand Beige is the lightest we have here.

Same issue with the Photoready Concealer, in KL stores, the lightest shade is Light/Medium and that is really too dark for me. If I attempted to use that concealer, it’s like I’m painting my zits brown in colour. Bet that’ll look reallll attractive… so of course I was happy to see that in Bangkok, they at least carry the full range of shades and I chose the lightest one. Malaysian stockists, please take note!

I also purchased a Revlon Brilliant Shine nail polish in Beguile, a L’oreal polish in 211 Opulent Pink, Maybelline blush in Peachy Sweetie and Baby Lips Dr Rescue lip balm in Fresh Mint. There was a brand called Catrice which I have not heard of before. So I just decided to test out their pressed powder in the shade 020 Natural Beige.

As for skin care, I only purchased two Softymo Facial Cleansers and I can’t explain much as the wordings on the packaging are in Japanese and Thai..but since this is under the Kose brand, it should work fairly well.


And finally the last product is a TRESemmé deep repair hair masque for dry or damaged hair. Honestly it was the price that first caught my eye, after conversion this tub of masque only costs about RM11.

After Eve and Boy my next stop was at Boots. Over here I purchased a Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover, an Essential Rich Premier Hair Treatment cream, two 17 single eye shadows in Funfair and Ivory Coast as they were on a mark-down, a Soap & Glory Fab Pore Purifying Mask and Peaches & Clean deep purifying cleanser.



When I saw the Soap & Glory items I was literally jumping up and down (no one else knew me so I figured it was ok) anyways, it’s not because we don’t have this brand in Malaysia, it’s actually sold in Sephora. But it was because of the fantastic price! The Fab Pore Mask is retailing at RM100 in Sephora but in Boots Thailand, it was around RM40!! And the Peaches & Cream cleanser is RM64 in KL but I got it for around RM40 after conversion. They were amazing steals and honestly I will not pay full price for them at Sephora at all.

Other random stuff that I got was a RMK eyelash curler (I have been using a no-brand eyelash curler for years and its way past its retirement age!). And I swear the very last product is a Revlon Smokey Shadow Stick in Torch which I purchased from the Bangkok airport.




Phew! Even though I have tried out some of the products I will not be reviewing them now. If I do that, I think this blog post will be 10 pages long. But once I have really tested out the products I’ll come back with a proper blog post of the ones that I truly love!

No comments:

Post a Comment