Friday 25 October 2013

Shiny, bright lips ~ Maybelline, MAC & Topshop



I currently love to experiment with bold, bright lips. I love how a pop of colour can jazz up an outfit and inject a little fun into your makeup look.

Sometimes I’ll go for a full-on colour on my lips or maybe I’ll tone it down by sheering out the lipstick. I do that by either applying a lip balm as a base or blend it out by using light tapping motions with my finger.

So here are some of my current favs –


(L-R) MAC Watch Me Simmer, Topshop Brighton Rock, Maybelline Vivids Vivid Rose & Shocking Coral

MAC’s Watch Me Simmer is in the Amplified formula which makes the colour more long lasting. It’s in a vibrant coral shade with a smidgen of pink in it and like all MAC’s lipsticks it has a nice vanilla scent.

Topshop’s Brighton Rock has a satin matte finish so it doesn’t feel like it’s totally drying out your lips. It goes on velvety smooth and it is in a very flattering pink shade that has good staying power.

Maybelline Shocking Coral seems to be a very close dupe to MAC’s Watch Me Simmer, the difference is Shocking Coral looks to be a little bit glossier and more of a pure coral shade.

Maybelline Vivid Rose is a mid-dark pink with a red undertone. I feel that this shade is suitable for most skin tones and it’s pretty but not in an obnoxious way..if you know what I mean J    

The Maybelline Vivids are a total winner for me; it applies beautifully and with super intense pigmentation. And because the colour is so opaque that even after a few hours, it leaves your lips with a nice stain. I also love the fact that it doesn’t bleed and you can do without a lip liner.

Hmmm..I wonder what other brands or colours I should try next.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment