Wednesday 6 November 2013

LUSH ~ Mint Julips Lip Scrub


I sometimes suffer from really dry flaky lips; it’s disgusting, but true. Besides trying to keep them at bay by slathering massive amounts of lip balms and whatnots, I still am not satisfied.

So, after hearing tons of great reviews about LUSH’s lip scrub I knew I had to hunt one down and I did exactly that when I was in Taiwan. Again we don’t get LUSH products in Malaysia, the nearest place for us to satisfy our LUSH urges is at Singapore and I do think you can order them online as well.

In Taiwan I only saw 2 flavours, Mint Julips and Bubblegum. At first the pink Bubblegum scrub spoke to me  and I gravitated towards it but after one whiff I nearly gagged from the sickly sweetness. Definitely not my type of scent!

Instead, I went with Mint Julips and boy, am I a happy camper! It really does smell (and taste) like chocolate mints or if you are familiar with After 8 chocolates? Well, it’s exactly that.


As for the actual product, it works amazingly well. For those with really sensitive lips, you may find the scrub slightly abrasive if you apply it on dry lips, just add a little water and that’ll solve your problem. But as for me, I really enjoy the feeling of using it on dry lips and I scrub using circular motions. After washing it out, my lips immediately feels plumper and sooooooo velvety smooth. With all that scrubbin’ I feel like I can use the most matte lipstick of all times and yet it will glide on like butter on my lips!


I like to scrub my lips at least once a week to keep them nice and smooth and it can be a highly addictive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment