Tuesday 5 November 2013

Top 10 Nail Polishes


I love getting my nails done, either professionally or my at home manicures. Having pretty nails makes me happy! Previously I thought of just writing down my top 5 picks but I soon realised it was near impossible as I had so many other lovely ones that needed a mention too.

So without blabbering further, here are my top 10 nail polishes:


1. OPI – Big Apple Red
This has got to be my most favourite reds of all time. It truly is the most perfect shade of red that is flattering on everyone. It has a cream finish and is fully opaque with just one coat but I usually prefer two coats for all nail polishes.


2. OPI – Wocka Wocka
Another red based polish but in a much deeper tone with a subtle shimmer finish. This is a very classy colour that has a little bit of a festive feel to it too.


3. OPI – Honk If You Love OPI
A lovely dark purple shade that seems almost black in certain lightings. Sometimes you just need a really nice vampy colour in your collection.


4. Essie – Lollipop
Another red, but this to me pulls slightly orange and it provides a really nice pop of colour on your nails. Application is also very easy and is non-streaky.


5. Essie – Status Symbol
A beautiful hot pink that looks incredible on. Another winner from Essie! 


6. Barry M – Cyan Blue
A true blue colour that can be quite the scene stealer. The formulation is amazing, so totally opaque in one coat and even though it is quite thick, I don’t find the polish to be gloopy at all.


7. Topshop – Celestial
My very first Topshop nail polish and I am glad I made the purchase. It’s another blue toned polish with a little bit of purple mixed in.


8. OPI – You’re Such A Budapest
I love the creativity behind the names of each OPI polish. You’re Such A Budapest is a soft, pretty lilac that is so feminine. Usually I’m a 2 coater, but for this I layer 3 thin coats to achieve the exact colour opacity that I like.    


9. OPI – Golden Eye
It’s a densely packed yellow tone gold glitter. Need I say more? Hands down the best colour for an accent nail.


10. Orly – You Are Not Alone
It’s a shame that Orly polishes don’t get as much love as they truly deserve. Great quality products with easy to apply formula. And this is the prettiest pink glitter ever! The trick to applying this is to dap on the polish to get a glitter packed nail. 2 coats will suffice but if you are feeling crazy then go on ahead and knock yourself out with a third coat. 

And there you go my top 10 favourite polishes at this moment. It may seem like I am a huge OPI fan but in reality, I actually own more Essie polishes. Maybe I will do another post at a later date just featuring them?



No comments:

Post a Comment