Tuesday 12 November 2013

LUXOLA ~ Sleek Makeup & Sigma Beauty Brushes


This is my second time ordering from the Luxola website which is based from Singapore. I love the efficiency of their service and how each item is carefully encased in bubble wrap. I can receive my package within 2 days of placing and confirming the order online.


I made this particular purchase during a 30% sale that was going on their site. I purchased 2 Sleek Eyeshadow palettes, in Bad Girl and the other in Sunset. As for Sigma, I got 2 face brushes – F80 and F05.

Bad Girl Palette has the perfect combination for a sultry smokey eye look. With hues of blues, purples and a little silver thrown in, this would look amazing for a glam night out!


Sunset Palette is the total opposite of Bad Girl in terms of shades. This is filled with warm orange tones, burgundy brown to rich coppery shades. I tend to gravitate towards colours like these as I feel they look flattering on my skin tone.


Again, all Sleek I-Divine palettes are blessed with intensely rich pigmentation with minimal fallout. Very easy to blend shadows that are long lasting.

Now comes my favourite part, the brushes. My first encounter with Sigma brushes was when I purchased the Mrs Bunny Travel Set (also from Luxola) and the brushes work like a dream. I did not experience any shedding, the bristles are so soft and picks up product wonderfully.

So, I knew I wanted to test out the F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki as I heard countless of positive reviews (Update – I have only been using this brush to apply my foundation every day since I received it. The short and dense bristles allow me to blend and buff in my foundation flawlessly. I am in LOVE!)


As for the F05 Small Contour Brush, the bristles again are super soft and there were no shedding or bleeding of colour. But I don’t really use this for contouring; instead I prefer to use this F05 as a blush brush. Either way, this brush is great for a multitude of uses – it just depends on what works best for you.



Now I am just hoping LUXOLA will start carrying LORAC, JOUER and TARTE products…if that happens, I can’t be held accountable for further damage to my bank account. 

No comments:

Post a Comment