Monday 30 December 2013

London Makeup & Nail Haul


I recently got back from an unexpected but totally amazing trip to London. Of course one of the very first things I did was to pop into Boots and Superdrug. In fact I went into several Boots and Superdrug throughout my holiday there and each time I still felt a frisson of excitement.

Actually I am pretty proud of myself as I was quite restrained (the mahoosive exchange rate was NOT in my favour L) and I’ll be focusing only on the makeup and nail items in this post. Think I’ll do a separate one for skin, body care and other bits and bobs in my next blog.

Ok before I get into the products I am not even going to attempt to guess the prices for the items. To be honest the prices are a blur to me as I was in a shopping coma. I hope you understand.

So, let’s talk nail products first, I had wanted an express nail remover for a long time and when I saw the Maybelline one I figured I’d give it ago. I have since used it and it does get all the polish off after 2 or 3 swirls. Maybe I should have gotten another one as it really is so quick and easy to use.

I know we can get the Sephora brand one in KL but that’s like RM45; so I guess once this one dries up, I’ll return to using the regular removers. On a side note, I will not use this for any glittery nail polish as I do not want pesky glisters sticking to the sponge inside the bottle. OCD of me? Quite possibly.

Next I got 3 Barry M nail paints and as you can see, I decided to go with the sparkly route. I don’t usually buy glitter polishes but I though these looked too pretty to pass up.
And my final nail product is a Save The Nail Repair & Rescue Treatment. My nails have been a little on the fragile side lately so I thought that this might help them be healthy once more (fingers crossed!). 


I decided to try the L’oreal Micellar Solution as I’ve heard people say that it is a good dupe for Bioderma. Might also do a comparison later once I’ve tried the L’oreal one.

 For lips, I got the Rimmel London Colour Rush Balm in 700 Not An Illusion and 220 Rumour Has It. Highly pigmented and it smells like candy! But I have to say that these aren’t as moisturizing as I had hoped it would be.


2 blushes from Natural Collection, in Peach Melba (a cult fav) and Rosey Glow.


4 concealers (yay!)  - 2 Rimmel Wake Me Up line in shade True Ivory and Classic Beige, Revlon Colorstay in 02 Light and Maybelline Fit Me in 15. I decided not to get any Collection 2000 concealers as I still have a backup of those and I have found them to be slightly too thick for my liking. And Rimmel Wake Me Up seems to have a slightly thinner and blendable consistency which would be easier to handle.


A couple of face powders - a Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Transparent, Revlon Nearly Naked in 020 Light and a KIKO Soft Light Powder in 02 which was purchased from a KIKO store along Regent Street. KIKO is an Italian makeup brand which offers a whole range of cosmetics and skincare products. I just decided upon the powder as it looked like dupe for my favourite MAC’s MSF.


And finally for eyes, I got the coveted Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold (which seems pretty similar to my Benefit’s creaseless shadow in RSVP), 2 MUA palettes in Heaven and Earth and Ever After. And the last makeup item is the Soap & Glory quad shadow in What’s Nude.
I am happy with my little stash and honestly, I don’t really NEED them…but I did WANT them – badly.  I will also be doing reviews of some of the items after I had a chance of using them for a few weeks or so. Looking back, my biggest regret was not buying a foundation to test out…aarrrghhhh!! The pure agony L  




No comments:

Post a Comment