Saturday 2 November 2013

Superdrug UK Purchases


A family member was kind enough to grab some items from Superdrug for me while she was in London. Well, let’s just ignore the fact that I threatened her with bodily harm if she didn't do as I say..but it was a low point for me. So let’s just move on from that shall we?

The first item that I was happy to get my hands on was the Maybelline Baby Lips balm in Pink Punch. It seems like it will give off a nice subtle tint of colour and I’m hoping that it can also keep my lips nice and moisturized. Again, I have given up trying to understand why in Asia the Maybelline Baby Lips are just plain old transparent balms. Even the packaging doesn't look as appealing as the ones that are sold in UK and USA.

I decided to try out a blusher from Look Beauty in shade 4, Rosy. I love the simple packaging and the fact that it has a huge ass mirror in the compact. The shade is alright as I am a little taken aback with the amount of shimmer in it. After swatching the shimmer is still very apparent, but I am hoping that it wouldn’t be as obvious once applied on the cheeks.


We don’t have Bourjois here but I have tried a couple of their products before, especially their round pot baked blushes and eye shadow pots. I wasn't too impressed by them but I still wanted to try their pressed powder and I got the Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 53 Light Beige. Cute packaging and light enough to pop into your everyday makeup pouch. The powder also gives off a nice light fruity scent.


A bigger item I got was the Sleek eye shadow palette in Oh So Special. I love Sleek shadows, so pigmented and at such a great price point. This palette also has a good mix of matte and shimmer shadows. I am never disappointed with Sleek products and I expect to use this to death!


Next is the Rimmel Scandal Eyes eye shadow crayon in the colour 003 Bad Girl Bronze. It says its 24 hour waterproof but I’m not leaving makeup on my face for 24 hours to test out the claim so I’m taking it at face value. Upon swatching, it glides on smoothly, feels really creamy and the pigmentation is faultless.


Finally other Rimmel items thrown in the mix are nail polishes! I requested for 2 lasting finish polishes in the colour 300 Pop Your Pink and 702 Marshmallow Heaven. The other 3 are from the Salon Pro range in 500 Peppermint, 313 Cocktail Passion and 713 Britpop which is under the Kate Moss collection with Rimmel.


I keep telling myself I need to refrain from buying anymore beauty products but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I’ll feel better if I tell myself that I need to do ‘research’ for my blog..I guess that kinda works..right?


No comments:

Post a Comment