Monday 13 January 2014

London & Paris Beauty Haul ~ Part 2


Guess it’s now time to talk about my second and final installation of my holiday haul.

This post features on skin, body and a hair care.

First up, let’s talk about what I got from Paris and I am most excited about the soaps, they smell so freaking amazing! Especially the round rose one from Roger & Gallet which I got in a French pharmacy. And according to the guy who sold it to me, this is supposedly a famous brand.


As for the other 3 bars I purchased from a Christmas Market that was along Champs Elysees. The stall had so many scents that it was quite a struggle to just pick 3 but finally I decided on Lavender, Passion Fruit and Melon – smells absolutely yummy! 

I also picked up the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm as I heard Estee from essiebutton rave about it so much that I had to give it a go.


Next are 3 tubes of Klorane body wash as it was on offer and I also really like how they smell (especially the yellow one) and the last one I got from the pharmacy is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat moisturizer which came with gel facial cleanser for oily sensitive skin.


Back in London I bought more La Roche Posay stuffs from a pharmacy right opposite Borough Market.  The first I picked up was the Astringent Lotion which is a micro-exfoliant toner for oily skin. Next was Hydreane Light, a moisturiser for sensitive skin and a backup of the Effaclar Mat.


I only tried 1 item from Vichy and it’s their Aqualia Thermal light, yet another moisturiser that can be used for day and night.


At Boots I purchased Hydraluron the product made popular by Caroline Hirons (skincare guru) and a Liz Earle cleanse and polish, another ‘famous’ product used by many beauty lovers.

I also picked up 2 Batiste dry shampoos, one that has a hint of dark brown colour and the other, an Oriental scent one. I do have a couple of other Batiste dry shampoos lurking in my room and I do find that they work well and the scents are lovely.

And a random item I picked up was the Original Source Cranberry & Honey Scrub:
1. Because again the scent was amazing (I think you can see how scents are important to me!) and
2. It costs £1…only £1!!! OMG. I wanted to buy the entire shelf as they had another lemon and minty one that seemed really nice as well. Sighs.
I was browsing through Waitrose at Westfield Mall when I came across a shelf of Korres products and on a whim I choose the Regulating Cleansing Gel for face & body, but I will just use it mainly for face.










I made a brief stop at Marks & Spenser and was pleasantly surprised to find Nuxe there and the ‘Love from Paris’ set caught my eye. In it came the amazing Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Usage Dry Oil, a face cream and an eye cream. It was also on offer from £30 to £25, so I thought, why not?

At Lush I picked 2 items, one was the Eau Roma Water, a rose scented toner as I had tried the Tea Tree toner before and really liked it. And the other is a facial cleanser called Angels On Bare Skin J


And finally 2 non-makeup items - a Boots No7 lighted mirror (wheee!!) and a huge floral printed travel makeup/skincare pouch from Debenhams.



There you have it. Everything I bought during my brilliant trip abroad. Looking back I do wish I had bought more things to try, especially items that I can’t get back in KL. I guess this is just another incentive for me to make the 15-hour flight back there..


And I do have to apologise for the long ass post, I guess I still haven’t quite mastered the art of writing short, concise blogs L  

No comments:

Post a Comment