Thursday 10 April 2014

Beauty Joint Haul


Ok, before anyone points accusing fingers at me about how I’m supposed to be honouring my No Buy Month – Not to worry. I haven’t fallen off the bandwagon; this haul was done before my self-imposed makeup buying ban.

Before I get into the good stuff, I have to say that all items were in perfect condition and were still in their plastic wrappings and of course the nice people at Beauty Joint did bubble wrap the shizz out of them. It also took around 2 weeks for it to be delivered which is pretty ok as I was afraid it would have taken a month or so (Phew!)

I purchased 4 E.L.F brushes, 2 from the Studio line which was a big fluffy complexion brush and the other a nice concealer buffing brush.


The other 2 were from the regular line and I choose a normal eyeshadow brush that looks good for packing on colour and an eye crease brush.


I have to say the Studio line brushes were definitely much better quality and there was zero shedding from both brushes. As for the eyeshadow and crease brush, I experienced quite a lot of shedding initially when I was just testing out on the back of my hand. But after washing, the bristles seem to hold up pretty well and no shedding after that as well.


Next up is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, I was crazy excited about this as it’s still not sold in Malaysia (however SHINS does carry most of the RT brush line). I can’t do a comparison with the Beauty Blender as I have not gotten one yet, I still can’t justify the heavy price tag. Ok coming back on topic, I have tried the miracle complexion sponge but the I’m saving the reviews for another blog post..so look out for that!


I was ecstatic when I saw Beauty Joint carried Milani so let’s all just say hello to my newest and dearest Luminoso baked blush *cue angels singing*. Obviously I have tried out this blush and I can see why this has been constantly raved about. It’s a beautiful peachy shade with zero glitter but it has an amazing glowy sheen that translates to having healthy radiant cheeks.    


A couple of posts back I proudly announced my concealer obsession to the world, so of course I popped 2 new concealers in the shopping cart! Both are from L.A Girls and it’s called the PRO Conceal HD High Definition Concealer. I decided to get 2 shades – Classic Ivory & Natural which hopefully 1 is to brighten under my eyes and the other for blemishes.



And now finally lip products, I have read blogs which sing praises about the Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains so I wanted to try them. 2 shades caught my eye and they were the Tropical Frenzy and Candied Coral. I have used them and these balm stains are incredible, they really are moisturizing and leave your lips with a pretty shine. The Tropical Frenzy can be a little intense but I like the colour payoff while Candied Coral is more of an everyday natural colour, absolutely stunning.


After my no-buy month, I think I will be sneaking in another browse through the site to see if there are any new products added in J

No comments:

Post a Comment